March 10, 2013

Was it Jack the Giant Slayer?

The story is cliche - or maybe I'm just getting old and humorless. HAHAHA

courtesy of collider.com
I think I enjoyed watching the trailers and commercials before the film than the actual film itself. To be fair, I wasn't a fan of the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, but that is a completely different story. Anyway, the end of the film hints that there will be a part 2, which I think is asking too much of the audiences' patience.

Fee Fi Fo Fum.

The end of the story pretty much disregarded Pixar's Storytelling Rule #19 - Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great; coincidences to get them out of it is cheating.

P.S.
I think I'm just a little bitter because I wanted to watch Silver Linings, but I was a minority in the group that I was with. Hence, I ended up watching the cheesy and predictable Jack the Giant Slayer.

4 comments:

  1. Based on your reaction, it was definitely a good decision on our part to skip this one.

    Silver Linings was surprisingly good, as well as Oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL, HARVIN. HAHAHAHA you increase my bitterness in not watching silver linings!

      Delete
  2. I'm planning to watch Silver Linings and Oz too! You look handsome in your DP here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me when you plan to watch it! ZOMG IKR, I look so pogii kasii e. HAHAHAAH

      Delete

Ooops, watch out for the captcha!